Thanks for visiting our site today. AnnArbor.com is getting ready to go live this week, and we now expect to launch our Web site on Friday.
Our editorial side is almost fully-staffed, and we've already been out reporting stories for the past few weeks. Our digital journalists have been at meetings, in classrooms, at events and digging through public records.
Some of the stories the news team is working on for launch:
- Ann Arbor's police chief says residents shouldn't worry about their safety, despite the loss of nearly 25 senior officers to recent retirements.
- Ann Arbor area hotel occupancy dropped in the first half of the year, yet a hike last March in the county room tax means that local tourism officials have nearly $318,000 more to spend this year to market the region as a travel destination.
- Poor students in Washtenaw County continue to graduate less often any other group of students, new graduation stats from the state show.
- Current Motor Co. hopes to soon begin manufacturing electric motor scooters in Scio Township.
- A national recruiting expert says Rich Rodriguez is on the right path.
- Nick Sheridan works for another shot at starting at quarterback for Michigan.
- Local canoeists prepare for the Au Sable River Canoe Marathon.
- Freshman tackle Will Campbell 'has a lot of work' to do, Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Robinson says.
- Peggy Lampman writes about recipes like cracked wheat pilaf with seasonal vegetables in her daily "dinnerFeed" blog.
- Beer and restaurant writer David Bardallis introduces his beer blog, "All the brews fit to pint."
- Pam Stout shares her insights into "Parenting and beyond."
- Nicola Rooney offers her "All-time favorite summer reading suggestions."
And in entertainment:
- Popular local radio personality - and AnnArbor.com columnist - Martin Bandyke recalls his first experience as an enthralled audience member at a major arts event in Ann Arbor.
- Jennifer Eberbach takes a look at the Vault of Midnight - the wide variety of events it hosts makes it a lot more than a comic-book store.
- Kevin Ransom previews the upcoming David Lindley concert at The Ark.
- Jordan Miller writes about drinking fancy, drinking cheap in The Deuce.
So come back Friday morning to check out the new AnnArbor.com and let us know what you think.